Eating disorders!?

by Wiktoria - 04 Sep 2016 08:23
 Wiktoria    04 Sep 2016 08:23
I dont get why people who are not fat think Their fat? Like BITCH your not fat ur ślubny as FUCK 
Please sign in or sign up to reply the topic

Some times our brains get trained a certain way and people have a hard time fitting into the perfect body image. We see this a lot with modern media who present beauty in a very specific way. This has a big impact on little girls who sometimes have a hard time getting away from it and any "small" departure from the hollywood look bothers them. It can also be from anxiety, low self esteem and others. Check under body dysmorphia at the bottom of the home screen.

Brad    [ moderator ]   06 Sep 2016 03:12

I don't usually do these types of things, I mean I don't really have a true diagnosis of my so called disorders since I don't even know if any things wrong with me. I just haven't been feeling myself lately I feel foreign like I don't belong.   I usually just Bottle the feelings in. But I got to thinking and I noticed I've been under a lot of stress to be perfect from people around me and I feel like I have an underlining disorder or something- I just don't feel right in my own skin. I have know since I was 8 that my birth mother abandoned me when I was really young and my step mother stepped up as a motherly figure in my life- it didn't really bother me at first I dismissed it, but as I grew up it pained me to know that someone who didn't even know me already hated me which made me feel  like I needed to be perfect at everything. it's okay I guess I mean I didn't even know her but one of the most important people in my life stepped out on me which is what bothers me the most. Eating is what kind of fills that void- I eat until I'm full and then when I'm full I keep eating. Sometimes when I'm bored I just go into the kitchen and eat for fun. I'm not overweight I'm pretty slim but I work out a lot as well so I think it balances out. Sometimes when I noticed that  I gained a few pounds so I worked out harder to slim down to achieve perfection. My parents always wanted me to be perfect- in school, in playing the piano, in dancing- I always had to be the daughter with the perfect grades and the best dancer, the one who did everything right. They expect so much out of me and I'm the only child so I'm weighed down by those expectations and I don't want to disappoint them. I tried telling them what was bothering me but they just say they want the best for me and it's best to struggle for 10 years and have the rest of a carefree life than to have a carefree 10 years and then struggle for the rest of my life.  They said that studying doesn't have that much stress and that I don't even study that much but I do- all my grades are above 90's but my parents still tell me I could do better when I can't and I know I can't because I tried. I don't know I feel like my problems aren't that important and I'm blowing everything out of proportion and overreacting and I'm really just an average teenager with problems everyone deals with.

amy    29 May 2017 22:27