I have questions about Journey of a Thousand Miles

by Mj - 04 Dec 2016 01:00
 Mj    04 Dec 2016 01:00
I have severe, chronic PTSD. Last night was the six year anniversary of my original trauma. I was surprisingly enough having a good day. I was happy. Then, without warning, I lost five minutes of time. The last thing I remember is being in my office with my calm candle in my hands. The next thing I knew, I was around the corner outside of a friend's office with a pair of scissors in my hand, ready to hurt myself. I repeat. I was happy. I can't think of any way I might have been triggered other than the date. The only thing that brought me back to consciousness was my friend's hand on my shoulder. As soon as I came to, I saw the scissors in my hand and I gave them to my friend, terrified that I had hurt myself. We called the national suicide hotline, and I got an action plan in place for the night. (Don't be alone at all until we figure something out.) At this point I'm just kind of terrified that it's going to happen again. I'm a pretty happy person. This is not something that happens to me on a regular basis, even though I have PTSD, anxiety, and MDD. If there's anything you can say to help, please. Please help.
Please sign in or sign up to reply the topic